Post subject: Anyone else have issues with Windows 7
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm 

Okay, I've had Windows 7 for a while but today I decided to go back and play BS Hacker Replay - Unlimited.

The main game plays okay (still having loads of fun with it even if I have played it to death). But when I try to access some of the mods, the moment I select connect and my username, the system craches witm Microsoft's wonderful error of "This program is not responding". Some of the mods work like Alias and Born To Hack, but tried Biodump and the example mod and they both crash. I even tried loading them into the editor and resaving them to no avail.

Any idea what might be causing this - not a showstopper as I have loads of games and mods to work through, but just wondering if anyone else was experiencing any perculiarities.

BTW - I have tried the old "run as administrator" trick but that doesn;t work either.

:D

Post subject: Re: Anyone else have issues with Windows 7
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:32 pm 

Hi.

Had problems myself with some old programs with same error message. In some cases the errors stopped comming when running in compatibility mode with Win XP.
I have several program and games witch will not run with Vista in compatibility mode, but they run fine with Win7.
Maybe this helps?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:43 pm 

Tried the compatibility modes, all the way back to Windows XP, but no joy. Oddly enough dug out an old machine with Windows XP on and it ran perfectly. So, next logical thing, ran Windows XP in a virtual machine and et voila, problem solved. Bit of a heavy weight solution, but a solution none the less.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

At the time we released the game, even Vista wasn't around, so this was unpredictable.
Unfortunately, since the game is discontinued, I can't offer an update for this.

Good to hear it's still running after all these years :)

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!