Do you want to access this forum via TapaTalk?
Yes 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have no idea what TapaTalk is 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Do you want to access this forum via TapaTalk?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:32 pm 

Hello everyone,

I personally got an iPhone & I have the TapaTalk app standing on it. (TapaTalk is also available for other smart-phones & is free to use...)
I use it to access a few forum (currently 3, this would be 4), which is pretty useful. Where-ever I am, I can access the forum, and I can quickly "jump" from one forum to another one...
I've been talking to Robert about it, and he is interested to look for it, but there has to be enough demand for it...

I would have added a poll to it so you could vote if you would like it too...

Friendly greetings,
Valcav

(Robert, you may change the title or whatever in this topic. Maybe adding a Poll to it? & Making it sticky?)

Post subject: Re: Do you want to access this forum via TapaTalk?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:45 am 

Well I think that I am quite active on this forum and it would be cool to have an app for my phone too that could handle all the forums I regulary visit, I mean it takes forever sometimes to logon to the forum using these not so handy keys along with my overshaped hands.
Besides that the readabillity might be improved by using such an app.

Does the forum needs to be adjusted to use it along with the app and is it available for blackberry, will look into this myself too :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:41 am 

Just found out that the app itself is not free, 3.99$ on blackberry appworld and 2.99$ on crackberry.

Not sure if I would pay that, because the way I look at it now, I can't find much that actually makes things easier for me, besides that it needs to be integrated within the forum itself and since I use .NET I don't think there are alot of possibilities there, if Robert decides to upgrade this forum to work with Tap Talk I might purchase the app, but even at this low price I don't think there would be any extra worth in this.
I know it's not that much money, but when I am away from home, I won't use it, perhapse I might use it if I am in bed and in some discussion on one of the forums, but again here, the forum needs to be supported by taptalk and I can also wait until I am behind the computer again to answer, am really not convinced yet.

Besides all this, the application feels like some kind of proxy and I am not sure if I want to leave my login information there or maybe there is some spyware inside, that would be the exact reason why I am not using chrome for instance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:55 am 

(First of all, I don't want to start any kind of fight, just giving my thoughts, just saying what goes trough my crazy/busy/mixed-up mind)

Well, I forgot that the app itself isn't free (but it's not much anyway, and for me diffidently the money worth), but to make the site available to be used with the app is free.

And about the
Quote:
it needs to be integrated within the forum itself

1) it's actually just 1 folder that needs to be uploaded to the forum folder...
2) and registering/adding the site to the tapatalk site...

Like I said, I (can't speak for others) find the TapaTalk app very usefull. I use it currently for 3 different forums (sites).

When do I use it? At noon: while I'm eating, I'm checking all forums for new topics & new replies.
In the evening: 1) while playing games, and have a little bit time over, I can check the forums without the need to exit the game.
2) when I'm in bed, just before I'm going to sleep, I check the forums. When I've done that, I can sleep peacefully & relaxed... ;) :D (If I don't do that, my mind goes crazy, and then I stay awake for hours...)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:48 pm 

Am sorry, but I didn't mean to sound negative in any way, nor want to fight either, I might go with this app myself, but now for as far I could see, it doesn't appear to be worth the extra money, not saying that it's a bad program or even saying it's too expensive, which it isn't.
Just trying to say that I wasn't convinced yet, whether or not I should buy it.

When Robert puts this on his forum and other people keep saying that it's such a great app and that they are so happy that they got it, I might reconsider this.

Like I said, not a personal attack towards you, just saying why I am not gonna buy this yet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:19 pm 

Well, it's one of the reasons I've started this topic...

To see if there are enough persons who would like it that TapaTalk gets enabled on this site...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:09 pm 

OK and I didn't know about this, so I looked at it, am not trying to boycott it or something, infact I would say that Robert should do this, even if it is just for a short period in time for testing or whatever.
Maybe I would have a different opinion then, once it is running.

I do think that more people should respond here, think most of us are nerds in one way or another, so we are all interested in new gadgets or tools, especially if it makes our lifes easier. Don't know why we are the only ones talking here though, maybe it will if there are more messages inside here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:51 pm 

RadioMan wrote:
OK and I didn't know about this, so I looked at it, am not trying to boycott it or something, infact I would say that Robert should do this, even if it is just for a short period in time for testing or whatever.
Maybe I would have a different opinion then, once it is running.

I do think that more people should respond here, think most of us are nerds in one way or another, so we are all interested in new gadgets or tools, especially if it makes our lifes easier. Don't know why we are the only ones talking here though, maybe it will if there are more messages inside here.

:D

If there was just a "Thanks" or a "Like" button,
Then I would have clicked it instead of this reply :P :lol:

Yeah,
I actually hope that more people are going to respond...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:46 pm 

Ok,

Robert was kind enough to Sticky this thread and to add a POLL to it...

So, I really hope that this topic now gets a little bit more active...

Friendly greetings,
Valcav

Post subject: Do you want to access this forum via TapaTalk?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:46 pm 

Robert was so kind to make this forum Accessable via the Tapatalk App :)

Thank you so much Robert!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.996897,3.415015
Sent from * using Tapatalk