Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: exploits and ideas
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:04 am 
Site Admin

The first level is far from being finished, so there is still room for changes.

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:31 pm 

The deletelogs feature is awesome.... but... it has gotta take time... I have figured out the problem! I want to type "cd logs" and then "deletelogs" or "rm -Rf" or anything...

Anyways.. my point was.. all of us here can type at least like 40-50 words a minute.. except for me.. cuz I am slow...

Anyways.. when I type "cd \logs" and then type deletelogs or whatever the command is... it has gotta take some time... because.. everything takes time... especially since most likely deletelogs deletes all the logs ever created by the machine.. gotta take at least 5-10 seconds... I donno.. but waiting.. watching the period of progress slowly

........ - all files deleted....
makes me feel more guilty, makes it feel more real.

Also, killtrace, I understand it costs 500 bucks, but ... can it be explained a little bit better. Like, you need to payoff a guy working for your isp in order for them to delete their logs and change your ip address? Something, anything, just throwing 500 dollars at my computer won't change my trace level but if I have a guy on the inside or something.. I donno... couldn't tell ya.... I understand the importance of 500 bucks, because it adds another level of strategy to the game, do I buy the hardware, or do I reduce my trace. I need an actual in game reason to spend that money. I love hacker evolution, I am never quite satisfied when I type killtrace and 500 dollars goes somewhere... I just want an in game explanation.

There was some kind of strange feeling that takes me out of the feeling that I am hacking, this game feels like I am connected directly to each terminal. I would like a small delay, when you type killtrace, or connect, or anything. Anytime in reality when you connect to any website, even with my super fast fiber connection, there is still a small delay. Everything is absolutely instant except for cracking and stuff. You crack a site and then you type connect and BOOM you are connected with no delay what so ever. I wish there was a small random delay, from 1 second to about 5 seconds, that would add that element that you are really connected to a server somewhere across the world.

In fact, I think that delay is basically the only thing this game is lacking. In fact, forget about almost everything I have ever said.. I honestly wish there was a small delay dependent upon what was being done at the time. Also, if you are paying someone 500 bucks to reduce your trace, that has gotta take at least 30 seconds or something, who knows.

What do you think Robert.. about a delay, a small computer thinking pause?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:40 pm 

RaiddinnRZ wrote:
robert wrote:
However, adding file edit capabilities to the game is pretty complex. Implementing a file editor is a lot of code overhead which can also turn into a potential security issue.

Fair enough. Still, maybe we should have to delete green and yellow instead of red or something. It just seems wrong that deleting red means it stays red.

Raiddinn

robert...

In agreement with this post. In fact there should be 4 files:
red
green
yellow
masterController

mastercontroller contains the code for consuming each file and it reads...

if (red.Exists)
red
delay 15
if (green.Exists)
green
delay 15
if ( yeloow.Exists)
yellow
delay 5

Now it makes sense to have the other files. By reading the mastercontroller you now know you have to delete the yellow and green files to make the red light stay on forever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

@kilihari: Thanks for the suggestions. I will see to add a "delay" feature. It will surely make the game better.

@ProfessionalHacker: Those ideas will be added. As mentioned earlier, the level will be further expanded.

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:05 pm 

Yah I definitely agree that no back story on throwing $500 at your computer doesn't quite make sense. Paying $500 to reduce trace level should have a small back story like your paying a guy to provide you with new wires or new fiber, or new routes ect..., something, anything... And I totally agree with a delay, that would be sweet. Especially if it was random. But i would definitely let the user know that they are waiting in some convenient creative way like a small little spinning globe that says connecting... or something like that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:30 pm 

New idea for the day... :D

So I played Untold again.... and Evolution...

The trace meter is good, I even like the sound everything is perfect... but......

It would be cool if at 10 seconds the little tick tick sound happened every half second and then at 2 seconds it did it like three times a second... get the heart pumpin! I am trying to think of things to make you feel like you did back in the good old days downloading doom from your favorite bbs hoping that they wouldn't notice you went over your one download per day, hoping that your mom didn't pickup the phone and interrupt your 14400 bps connection to the stupid bbs and watching the stupid zmodem protocol progress meter.. hoping praying that you can finally get the game and your parents won't find out ehhehe..

Also you know that little square box that slowly gets smaller when you are being traced ... k... totally doesn't freak me out.. if there was a little glowing backtrack meter or dot or hmm.. let me think... or something following the bouncelink back to the localhost, although it is a copy of almost every single hacker movie ever, I think it would be fun.... having something like a glowing ball of death coming back at you.... and damnitt I truly think that if you are traced... you should have about 15 seconds to type killtrace before your level reaches 100%... i think that if you have been traced you must type killtrace at least once ... pay your guy on the inside 500 bucks to deletelogs change your IP and all that stuff.. but your level still should remain high.

And my final reccomendation of the day eheheheheh.. sorry.. but damnitt this one is good! EHEHEHE..... I think this is my favorite idea ever. This simulator is awesome because it makes you feel like your actually hacking... Hacker Evolution beautiful because it gives you a pretty screen to look at but yet it not a super GUI based adventure and you have an actual good story. Ok, here is my greatest idea ever.... when I click on new game, or when I log into my server, this is my local host right... How I came up with this idea is because when I click on new game, it kinda throws me out of the simulation when BOOM my computer screen is on and in front of me, I think that when I click on new game the server should boot up.. show everything loading with proper delays... it doesn't have to be accurate or anything, but damn it would really make me feel like I have just turned on my box

Example.
http://www.atmos.umd.edu/~james/dfly181/dfly01.jpg

Then as soon as you type in your user name and password then BOOM the more gui-ish Hacker Untold screen kinda pops in with the Map and the Command Console, like how you log into your bsd box and then you start x-server.

Anyways.. if you have to start the game or even quit the game, and having to type shutdown or reboot in game to quit and then x-sever has to terminate and then your machine displays basic console for just 1 second then boom it throws you back to the main menu.  Like none of this has to be overly dramatic, even just a picture of the console startup and then the more prettier Hacker Untold screen appears. Wow, I think that would add allot to this game, I think it would really make you feel like your hacking on your bsd box and it would be better then just click start hack. Now you click boot-up, feel the tension, wait, then receive your mission, maybe it takes 20 seconds to boot up. But damnitt, it would make you feel like your really hacking.

Ok, to simplify my overly complicated post ... I think this would be cooler if:

1. Shorting the trace tick sound the closer you are to being traced.
2. You must type killtrace at least once right after you have been traced in order for your trace not to reach 100% like maybe the trace level will slowly increase by 1% every second if you don't type killtrace, because you have been traced, I mean surely you can not be completely safe!
3. Change the square tracerbox to something a little more heart pounding, have a glowing dot of death follow the bouncelink back home ;) FUN FUN FUN!
4. Have a bootsequence after you click on new game, type in username and password, and then your x-term or whatever starts and then you are in the regular game and then the music starts.
5. OHH I got a new idea.. when you type "shutdown" to end your game, the music stops, you x term terminates and you see the shell and you hear your hard drive and fans going to sleep... (high pitch sound slowly fading away) then the screen closes into a little white dot like an old tv and then it throws you back to the main menu! ;)

That would be cool.. but.. Ya gotta listen to the bootup sequence.. and if I am annoying ya Robert, you can just tell me to stop ehheehe.. I just love this game so damn much. I will buy it no matter what.

-Kilihari.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

@kilihari : Thanks for the suggestions. They are great and I made some notes on them.

/offtopic fact: When I released Blue Sky (our first hacking game), the official demo and full version game, were uploaded using a 9600 bps cellular modem connection :) I miss those days :)

/offtopic: I am still playing with the idea to setup a BBS someday ... just for those old-timers, and perhaps make a 100% text based hacking game :)

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:43 am 

If you do setup a BBS, it must have on it Barren Realms Elite and Barney Splat, the two coolest BBS games ever.

Raiddinn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:30 pm 

@kilhari: Nice ideas.

robert said:
Quote:
/offtopic: I am still playing with the idea to setup a BBS someday ... just for those old-timers, and perhaps make a 100% text based hacking game

That would be nice:)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

I still have a passion for slow dial-up connections :)

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next