New idea for the day...
So I played Untold again.... and Evolution...
The trace meter is good, I even like the sound everything is perfect... but......
It would be cool if at 10 seconds the little tick tick sound happened every half second and then at 2 seconds it did it like three times a second... get the heart pumpin! I am trying to think of things to make you feel like you did back in the good old days downloading doom from your favorite bbs hoping that they wouldn't notice you went over your one download per day, hoping that your mom didn't pickup the phone and interrupt your 14400 bps connection to the stupid bbs and watching the stupid zmodem protocol progress meter.. hoping praying that you can finally get the game and your parents won't find out ehhehe..
Also you know that little square box that slowly gets smaller when you are being traced ... k... totally doesn't freak me out.. if there was a little glowing backtrack meter or dot or hmm.. let me think... or something following the bouncelink back to the localhost, although it is a copy of almost every single hacker movie ever, I think it would be fun.... having something like a glowing ball of death coming back at you.... and damnitt I truly think that if you are traced... you should have about 15 seconds to type killtrace before your level reaches 100%... i think that if you have been traced you must type killtrace at least once ... pay your guy on the inside 500 bucks to deletelogs change your IP and all that stuff.. but your level still should remain high.
And my final reccomendation of the day eheheheheh.. sorry.. but damnitt this one is good! EHEHEHE..... I think this is my favorite idea ever. This simulator is awesome because it makes you feel like your actually hacking... Hacker Evolution beautiful because it gives you a pretty screen to look at but yet it not a super GUI based adventure and you have an actual good story. Ok, here is my greatest idea ever.... when I click on new game, or when I log into my server, this is my local host right... How I came up with this idea is because when I click on new game, it kinda throws me out of the simulation when BOOM my computer screen is on and in front of me, I think that when I click on new game the server should boot up.. show everything loading with proper delays... it doesn't have to be accurate or anything, but damn it would really make me feel like I have just turned on my box
Then as soon as you type in your user name and password then BOOM the more gui-ish Hacker Untold screen kinda pops in with the Map and the Command Console, like how you log into your bsd box and then you start x-server.
Anyways.. if you have to start the game or even quit the game, and having to type shutdown or reboot in game to quit and then x-sever has to terminate and then your machine displays basic console for just 1 second then boom it throws you back to the main menu. Like none of this has to be overly dramatic, even just a picture of the console startup and then the more prettier Hacker Untold screen appears. Wow, I think that would add allot to this game, I think it would really make you feel like your hacking on your bsd box and it would be better then just click start hack. Now you click boot-up, feel the tension, wait, then receive your mission, maybe it takes 20 seconds to boot up. But damnitt, it would make you feel like your really hacking.
Ok, to simplify my overly complicated post ... I think this would be cooler if:
1. Shorting the trace tick sound the closer you are to being traced.
2. You must type killtrace at least once right after you have been traced in order for your trace not to reach 100% like maybe the trace level will slowly increase by 1% every second if you don't type killtrace, because you have been traced, I mean surely you can not be completely safe!
3. Change the square tracerbox to something a little more heart pounding, have a glowing dot of death follow the bouncelink back home
FUN FUN FUN!
4. Have a bootsequence after you click on new game, type in username and password, and then your x-term or whatever starts and then you are in the regular game and then the music starts.
5. OHH I got a new idea.. when you type "shutdown" to end your game, the music stops, you x term terminates and you see the shell and you hear your hard drive and fans going to sleep... (high pitch sound slowly fading away) then the screen closes into a little white dot like an old tv and then it throws you back to the main menu!
That would be cool.. but.. Ya gotta listen to the bootup sequence.. and if I am annoying ya Robert, you can just tell me to stop ehheehe.. I just love this game so damn much. I will buy it no matter what.