Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: exploits and ideas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

@kilihari: More sound fx will be added to the game :)

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:25 am 

OOO OO I gotta good idea hehehe..

Everything is feeling much more alive now.. oh yeah and thanks for maybe adding some soundfx that should be cool.. ok.. so I sat down and was playing for a bit and boom it hit me... where are the files on my machine, in fact, where are the files everywhere... I connect to most servers.. and most servers have absolutely nothing on them not even an OS!.....

We cracked the servers right? We are logged on basically as root.. so... we should be able to see

/etc
/var
/sys
/tmp
/log
/bin
/home
kernel
kernel.GENERIC

Maybe I have missed a directory or two? I kinda forget ehehhe...

even if we can't go into those directories, we should still be able to see them, just for setting the mood sake. It looks cool. Really and honestly, I couldn't care less about going into the directories, just to see them would make me feel more at home, make me feel more like I am actually logging onto a server. Even if they are the same for all the computers, or most of them, it would be cool. Just makes the game more alive. :mrgreen:

-Kilihari.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:21 am 

kilihari wrote:
OOO OO I gotta good idea hehehe..

Everything is feeling much more alive now.. oh yeah and thanks for maybe adding some soundfx that should be cool.. ok.. so I sat down and was playing for a bit and boom it hit me... where are the files on my machine, in fact, where are the files everywhere... I connect to most servers.. and most servers have absolutely nothing on them not even an OS!.....

We cracked the servers right? We are logged on basically as root.. so... we should be able to see

/etc
/var
/sys
/tmp
/log
/bin
/home
kernel
kernel.GENERIC

Maybe I have missed a directory or two? I kinda forget ehehhe...

even if we can't go into those directories, we should still be able to see them, just for setting the mood sake. It looks cool. Really and honestly, I couldn't care less about going into the directories, just to see them would make me feel more at home, make me feel more like I am actually logging onto a server. Even if they are the same for all the computers, or most of them, it would be cool. Just makes the game more alive. :mrgreen:

-Kilihari.

I kind of agree with this, but the problem is if you have files that need to be accessed on the server, where are they going to be? For any new people coming into this game, I think they would have a hard time having to search every directory trying to find the files they need. On any computer, it's not often when the files are where you expect them to be ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Remember that we have a limited screen space for the console.
Adding folder/files is really no big deal, but it would make the game more difficult for everyone, (including you guys) ... without any real gains.

I am constantly looking for ways to make the game content richer, but without overcomplicating the game and making that extra content, somewhat useful :)

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:03 am 

Ok, so I had an idea, but it could be a rather large change and probably wouldn't make sense for this version, but might be an idea for a future version.

Ok, so the game is broken up into missions, and you just keep completing mission after mission, but what if there was another section of the game. Like instead of just having missions to complete, you have something like a main map. This could be a representation of a city, or country, or whatever.

Now in this main map, you might know of a server or two, but maybe you can only crack one, the other one you would need upgraded hardware to get in to it. So this requires you to beat a mission or two, after you upgrade some hardware, you can get into the other server, on that server, there might be a file that you can find other servers, atm's, or personal pc's(to get exploits and maybe money from)

See where I'm going with that. There are huge possibilities to it, but nothing is actually required to beat the game since you could just beat all the missions and it's over. It's more like you can use it to find exploits that aren't normally available, or get some extra money, or whatever. But it's not without it's downfalls as you're still able to get caught, your trace still goes up, maybe while you're in the main map, if you're not careful and just scanning and cracking servers without having good hardware, or deleting logs, you can be hacked and have your money taken, or files deleted, etc (not by other players, just by some computer player)

Anyway, it's just an idea.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:50 pm 

well there are some more things could be fixed !
in real-time hacking if you scan server nobody try track you down until the website have hacked buth some time they just don't butter :lol:
most attacks goes trouth shellcode i could give you give a real example how server is undercontrol buth i law part it's make problem for others :) !
well also could add a tor,privoxy to make proxy route as upgrade witch allow you use limited ip's as proxy thath would be cool :) !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

@Zero-K: That's how I will go in the next game, since it will be online multiplayer only :)

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 am 

Excellent :D

I guess I can wait that long, jeese, I still gotta wait for HE Untold to be fully released :p

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:38 pm 

What about when you first load it up and it's showing the "boot sequence" the map and servers should be just a black screen, then after drivers get loaded, maybe fade in or something.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

Zero-K wrote:
What about when you first load it up and it's showing the "boot sequence" the map and servers should be just a black screen, then after drivers get loaded, maybe fade in or something.

That's something I am working on :)

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next