Post subject: 6 - The Transaction - Unable to finish server missing?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:27 pm 

All objectives completed except the turn the light green, no visible server has the option, no option toggle makes any extra servers visible.

Server not popping up?

Post subject: Re: 6 - The Transaction - Unable to finish server missing?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:58 pm 

Spoiler

Well, haven't played so far, but you should switch the second button at Miami-Medical-Center.i-lan to on, which should popup tl-100.citylan and tl-101.citylan. There, you can toggle the green light on (tl-100.citylan: 3rd switch; tl-101.citylan: 2nd switch).

You get Miami-Medical-Center.i-lan by hacking into camera-455.citylan.

But, as said, haven't played so far, but looked into the level files ;)

Hope, that helps

Last edited by onlinefreak on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:04 pm 

Spoiler

When completing the objective by switching the fire alarm switch on [Miami-Medical-Center.i-lan], switch the toggle for the "security breach test" as well. It won't cost you any trace and it will reveal a new message as well as the two traffic light hosts.

I'm not sure if that's done in error as the "fire alarm" does increase your trace level by 10; it's the only mission objective in the game that does this. Perhaps it's supposed to be the second toggle on [Miami-Medical-Center.i-lan] that completes the objective.

Last edited by wlayton27 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 pm 

I did switch everything on and they did not appear :(, I'll have to play it again i guess, i hate to be repetitive :/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:14 pm 

Also now i understand something too, when i downloaded camera diagrams, both mentioned to switch second one 1-3-2 it was i think for time 5 instead of timer 30
Yet i found it odd that i go trace level when i switched 2'nd on the first one, this means camera did not appear because the description in one of the camera.diagram files is wrong.

Hei rob could we get a fix on thid please ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:28 pm 

x3style wrote:
Also now i understand something too, when i downloaded camera diagrams, both mentioned to switch second one 1-3-2 it was i think for time 5 instead of timer 30
Yet i found it odd that i go trace level when i switched 2'nd on the first one, this means camera did not appear because the description in one of the camera.diagram files is wrong.

Hei rob could we get a fix on thid please ;)

You're partially right. The file on the second traffic light host shows the green light as on for only five seconds. That's the only fault in the files though.

Spoiler

The "control.script" file on each traffic light host shows the light color order on the second line ("Order: R-Y-G" for [tl-100.citylan]). You're only supposed to follow the "green" setting down to the same switch in the order below. You can actually ignore the rest of the file's contents and use R-Y-G as the order of the three switches below. It's the third switch for the first traffic light.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:39 pm 

Well maybe i didn't get the drift, i did select the third now though, did not know what R-Y-G stood for also didn't get the idea that tl meant traffic light :/, with the diversion i noticed toggle-ling the intrusion alert on the medial server a few times after you did everything else prompts completion.

Dunno this mission was lets say it too abbreviated :))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm 

x3style wrote:
Well maybe i didn't get the drift, i did select the third now though, did not know what R-Y-G stood for also didn't get the idea that tl meant traffic light :/, with the diversion i noticed toggle-ling the intrusion alert on the medial server a few times after you did everything else prompts completion.

Dunno this mission was lets say it too abbreviated :))

Thanks for the feedback on this one. Robert is likely to adjust the levels slightly to solve confusion issues from first-time player feedback like yours. The only problems I had with it on my first playthrough were the Medical Center and the AI controlled servers.

Medical Center showed up in that rabble of hosts and I didn't notice it at first, and then when I selected the correct switch to progress in the game I assumed that the objective was complete (it wasn't, and I had to rush back in after completing everything else and flip the first switch with about 10 seconds left on the bounce).

I originally left the two AI controlled servers alone because I thought that I would need them later on down the line (per the message that you receive in the first ten seconds of the level). Wasted all my moneys on integrity and ended up getting EMP'd to death anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:19 pm 

wlayton27 wrote:

Geez onlinefreak, spoilers much?

Well, yes, I'm new here and was looking for a spoiler just like in other forums, but couldn't find it.
Haven't thought of coloring it, but I will remember next time :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm 

onlinefreak wrote:
wlayton27 wrote:

Geez onlinefreak, spoilers much?

Well, yes, I'm new here and was looking for a spoiler just like in other forums, but couldn't find it.
Haven't thought of coloring it, but I will remember next time :)

No problem. Didn't mean to sound so condescending there. Just that your spoiler included a walkthrough of the entire second half of the level.

I wish this forum had spoiler tags too, originally used a tiny font size for spoilers but it would have to be copy/pasted into a text reader to work. Just annoying that there aren't spoiler tags in this forum.