Post subject: Flight Zero - The first official expansion pack
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hello everyone,

It’s our pleasure to announce you that we are working on the first (free) expansion pack for Hacker Evolution: Untold. Continue the story from where the original game ends in a new set of levels.

Before making the official release, we would like to invite you to beta test the new levels.
We are looking for your feedback and any bug reports.

We have just sent out the first email with instructions on how to download and install the mod.

Feel free to send us your feedback here.

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

Post subject: Re: Flight Zero - The first official expansion pack
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 pm 

I installed Flight Zero as directed into the most recent version (2.01.042) of Untold.

When I select the mod from the Mod menu, Untold crashes with a Debug Assertion Failed in fscanf.c line 52. This happens every time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:04 pm 

I installed the beta pack and ran it with no problems (using version 2.01.041 on Windows XP in windowed mode). It looks great and worked well, with just a couple issues (not full-blown errors or anything):

1. You can't use the exploit "backdoor_901.exploit" on the server "client-10.wifi.wxt-airport.com" because the command for it is too long (you can't finish typing the name of the site).
2. You can't use the exploit "bluetooth_2000.exploit" on the server "client-99.wifi.wxt-airport.com" for the same reason.
I couldn't completely finish the level becaues I couldn't access the bluetooth port without using the exploit for it, and you need to access the bluetooth port to finish the level.

Do you want to know about any grammar issues, or are they not important? I didn't look for them, but I can if you want us to look for them.

Oh, I ran it as far as I could with dynamic game difficulty on and off, and no problems or glitches either way.

I'm excited to see the rest of it, it looks like it'll be very cool.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:38 pm 

Are there any engine modifications (hint: changeable trace amounts)?

I'll download it when I have some more time this afternoon, if its half as good as the first part I'll really enjoy the experience.

Also, how is the Linux port coming?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

@ElizaBennet:

Thanks for the feedback.
Please let me know if you also spot any grammar issues.

@Aper:
I hope we will have a linux port shortly. I have been a bit busy with other projects.

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:17 pm 

Having finally downloaded the beta to test (better later than never, but its been a chaotic couple of weeks)....

I played through the first level without any problems. I did note a comment above about not being able to type some of the longer server addresses into the command prompt, but I used the TAB auto-complete without any problems (I'll run through it again to check typing them in full, if i get the chance).

I didn't manage to get in under 30 mins (but there again, it was a fresh level, so I was carefully hoarding my bounces, rather than going for speed).

A couple of things did cross my mind when playing it (and also when doing a re-run through of Untold afterwards)...

a) is there any chance that 0 bounce servers could be coloured/marked differently?

b) After playing through level 8 on Untold again, could we have some way to speed-time when waiting for a 9192-bit encryption to be decrypted? (btw, shouldn't that be 8192?)

c) installing the beta, and choosing it to play, i couldn't find the original Untold to select in the Mods menu, to play the original Untold game again... solved by chance because I seem to have two shortcuts for Untold - 'Hacker Evolution - Untold' (which didn't see the beta when run), and 'Hacker Evolution Untold - Play' (which did see the beta, but then had the problem of not being able to 'un-mod' it). So I just used the other one to play the original Untold game again.

Looking forward to testing more levels,

Yours,

Elkestra
(Ann-Marie)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

The issue with longer server names has been fixed. There is an updated version of the game available in the user area. This update also fixes issue c.)

As for a) and b), I will look into it.

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:23 pm 

Hi Robert,

First of all, thanks for the help today with getting my original Hacker Evolution into my User Area as well. It keeps everything nicely in one place, and as discussed, makes sure I've got the latest versions of each.

Shortly after that, I received the 2009 Promo email. It mentioned that you were planning on making this expansion work for the original HE too?

Does this mean that it'll be a slightly different version (because the original doesn't have 'deletelogs'), or does it mean that the original game will be gaining 'deletelogs'?

Also, can I assume that there's beta-testing of the HE(original) version of the expansion in the near future too?

Yours,

Elkestra
(Ann-Marie)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Elkestra,

The mod will be slightly different, to accommodate the HE engine.
We are doing this since the extra effort is little, and we want to give something new to play for those who only have our previous game.

Beta testing will proceed in parallel for both games.

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:30 pm 

when this game will be out and its will be standalone or patch to untold?