Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Current state of exosyphen studios and success on STEAM
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:35 am 

Hi robert,

I didin't wanted to offend you. If you fell offended by me, I'm really sorry.

I just wanted to make a funny comment.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:48 am 

Hi Robert, I hope your succes that your big succes is only at the begining. I'm sure with then entusiasme you have for making games the future will bring more succes!

Thumps up, keep on the great work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:48 am 

Hi Robert, I hope that your big succes is only at the begining. I'm sure with the entusiasme you have for making games the future will bring you more succes!

Thumps up, keep on the great work.

Last edited by Axident on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:37 am 
Site Admin

@Hyphone: None taken, don't worry.

@Axident: Thanks!

One thing that will come sooner (I was planning it, but now it will happen sooner), is to relocate completely. I am currently evaluating the United Kingdom, Germany and the U.S.A

The recent downturn here eventually got to the last line of defense. The whole bunch of us deriving income from intellectual property, are subjected to a whole media scandal which portray us as something worse then the mafia. We got our deduction cut into half and taxes increased to level which know hovers at nearly 70%. Couple that with a recent hike of the sales tax / VAT to 24% on everything, and whatever you will got left ... are pennies.

We are/were the last bloodline of this country, drawing in somewhere around 10% of GDP, and now everyone is packing and leaving.

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:57 pm 

Take a look at Denmark too. It is realy worth to make buisness like yours in Denmark. We also have high VAT (25%), but great options with tax calculating. I think it could be worthable for you to take a look!

But this is only one of the small goods you will find here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:49 pm 

I would like too say, Smart move with steam, not only that because of it I found your game... Living down in old Australia I find it at times hard to catch wind of the new indie games outside the slowly dieing indie field... As a new founder and lover of your game.... I have to say congrats :)
Only thing I could think of adding is maybe Dual screen support :P only cos I'm a wanker and want to a game thats not just a extended screen but rather a utilization of the extra monitor :p ( E.G. Rts one screen game one screen map) just an idea ;).
But all in all its a great simulation and perfect for netbooks on the train :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:46 pm 

Always nice to see small companies doing well. Agree about a good idea to put it on Steam, I'd never even heard of the game (or your studio) until I saw the games released on Steam, and had to get them :D. Don't know how publishing games on Steam works, but it seems like it is great for indie studios to really get their name, and product, out there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

@Axident: I don't mind taxes. We live in a modern society that needs to have financing in order to exist. But we also need to be able to exist, so a balance must be set. I end up paying probably one of the highest taxes in the world, and I have to support my parents, who after a life of work as engineers and teachers, get $150/month as retirement money. A few millions of cars were cruising the streets recently, with their camshafts made from an alloy which my father was the one to make. It was and still is a secret on how it's done. And that's this country's reward.

@tranis: This game has it's roots deep in Australia. Our first game was financed by an aussie indie. The idea caught on, and here we are.

@MehicoRadio: We were invited by STEAM and the success was unexpected even for them.

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:35 pm 

Quote:
@Axident: I don't mind taxes. We live in a modern society that needs to have financing in order to exist. But we also need to be able to exist, so a balance must be set.

Thats my point. We all need to pay tax for living in a country. But we all know developing cost some money. In Denmark you can take cost for developing and subtrack from them taxpaying. Then when you make money after developing you will have to pay tax as normal. This is only rules for the company, not for you personaly.
Personaly you will still have to pay tax as normal like other people living in Denmark. The trick is, it's actualy no trick but all normal here, to hire yourself in your own company. So you can have a clear consciens.

This is a normal way to run a company in Denmark!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

@Axident: I know how things works over there and they are here. Here, they "look" fair.

We were able to deduct 40% for developing a game or any intellectual property.
They now cut that in half, to 20%.
Under normal circumstances, you spend at least 40-50% of what you make, to create a game, etc.

On top of that, they made as pay social taxes at around 35%, but with a nasty catch. We get NO SOCIAL protection of any kind in exchange (like employees get). We just pay and get NOTHING for that 35%. No unemployment protection, no social protection, no medical cover, nothing!!!

And this is separate from the regular income tax.

Not to mention that is next to impossible to deduct VAT.

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next