Post subject: Some help would be nice !
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:51 pm 

although i can see you're from ro , just as i am , i'll write in en ... just for the fact that others won't freak out !

-------

hy there and first of all i would like to say i'm quite a fan of teh games, really like them [ bought the entire collection ] ..althought i know how to crack them , i've chosen the way of buying 'em all [ it is very simple ] ... anyway ... my requst to you , 'cause i'm such an idiot sometimes is how to make this :

- i made something [ files binder ] from he untold and he evolution in exactly one game ... i mean the main application in he untold with his mod and he evolutuion with his mode [ a total of 2 mods only ] ... and added my own music ..editing some graphics ...anyway ...what i would like to know is how can i , after selecting the mod of evolution [ for example ] and doing this through untold , how can instantly appear the background of evolution and not the one of untold ? - as a fact i have the same background for both game modes .
- and also the background music i want it to be played whenever i switch to another mode [ teh music for different modes ] ..right now the music is the same for both ... so this is my qustion[s] for you , if your kind enough to answer
- also i would like to add that all this is only for me , not for other use ... i dont want to use a ... and also i've remember that he untold uses heut-default skin ... so i want to use other skin [ cerated by me ] ..the skin works but i want to use it for he evolution ...

----------
i'm waiting for ur answer ... 'cauze i'm such a lazy one i haven't searched through all files inside he game[s] .. so a clean and clear answer from you might do the trick ....thank you and have a nice day !

..i'm sorry for my english [ i'm not that great on it ] ... well bye and hope to get an answer soon !

Last edited by hysamitsu on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Some help would be nice !
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

Welcome and thank you for the support.

Unfortunately the music and backgrounds are hardcoded and can't be changed on the fly when a mod is changed. If you have the programming skills, you can try and alter the game's source code.

Feel free to also email me directly for more specific assistance.

P.S: Which part of .ro are you from?

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:08 pm 

thanks for your prompt response ... yes i have some knowledge ... i know how to make the main launch application switched to another and there goes - all you need i a simple .bat file [ i mean when i'm inside he untold and creating a button to switch to he evolution ] ... but that requires to send the application to taskbar and i for a fact dont like it ..i just want to change that inside the game ... u know better what i mean

- u've spoken of a source file ..i'll see if i can find it .. ..well i'll keep in touch ... now i'm scaning :lol: the game ..i'm from bucharest as a response from your question

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:23 pm 

I am not sure what you mean, but I think you want to program a button inside the game to switch between the standard hacker evolution and untold, which isn't possible I think, atleast not inside the current code.

I looked at the sourcecode and I believe that it's not possible to run 2 instances of hacker evolution at the same time, for as far as I understood the code there is a part preventing this.

When it comes to the code, I can't seem to find a way to compile it for debugging or making a release build..... This might be because I don't know how to install the directx8 SDK, can't find it or that I use visual studio 2008 and 2010, both professional.

Ah well only did some work on this today, since I had to do some other stuff yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:38 pm 

"I am not sure what you mean, but I think you want to program a button inside the game to switch between the standard hacker evolution and untold, which isn't possible I think, atleast not inside the current code."

- already done that

------------------

@ RadioMan

- yes it's posible to run multiples instances of the games ... if you desire i can post here some upload link to the example [ in case u're curious ] ... anyway some idea might came up to me someday [ i just want to start ... and i'll figure it out ... so if u want the link just mail me and say who you are and i'll upload it and that's it

r3puls3_t3am@gmx.com

-------------------

- what i want is that whenever u want to cheange through a diferent mod . the background to change as well with music as well ... but still tryin' to figure it out .. anyway this weekend i have more time ... well have a nice day or evening

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

Well ... I never considering programming this option since it was pretty much useless and the required effort didn't justify it.

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:25 pm 

here's something done in such a rush ...sorry for bad quality ...just click on this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3t9zOlc78

...more info about this on week-end , more time to spend ...and have a nice evening !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 am 
Site Admin

Looks cool and the music is nice.

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:16 pm 

OK, now I get it, you remain inside untold and from there you wish to play both the untold and the original mod.

Music kind of reminds me of Mike Oldfield, but hey I'm an old guy here, but if any of you know The Exorcist, you probably know what I am talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:16 pm 

@ RadioMan

"OK, now I get it, you remain inside untold and from there you wish to play both the untold and the original mod." ... all the games are working just fine , my problems are with music and backgrounds . - thank you both [ radioman and robert for help ]

----------------

i'm glad you like it ... since i have "some knowledge" i've changed some things around [ i guess no one would mind that], as i've said only for personal use , others won't have this ...so this time it's done with 8 games all-in-one ...as far as i remember all the games , but if there's more , damn , my mystake ... i wish someone could tell me what's missing ....

why i've done all this ... to answer is that,,,, i want it that way :lol: ...

1.the first one was done with counter strike 1.6 and half life 1.6 and counter strike source ... all-in-one ...
2.the second was with tomb raider [ 13-14 games ] ..all the pc games all-in-one ..with a multi-launch [ added on a blu-ray ]
3.the collection of hacker games ... that i'm working on it now ...and with a little help i might finish

...and here's another video with what i've done so far ...i guess this are all the games ? ..if not someone please tell me

# the only 2 things now are how in the world to have a command music code , after changing a game and also switching the game to his own background [ in some cases some have their own background, others don't ] ....

the video link [ also try and watch in 720p hd for a better view ] ....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6O5IFPHCgI