Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hacker Evolution: Duality
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:28 pm 

Yeah, I share the same level of concern as Haemogoblin. Not so much typing, but the level of interaction you have with servers. I was super excited when I launched the beta (bought prepurchase on steam last night) and I was extremely disappointed in a matter of minutes.

I lost my copy of Evolution, so I launched the demo just to refresh my memory. And I was a little surprised at the level of change in terms of depth of interaction with servers. And even typing/console aside. If you look at Uplink, there wasn't so much typing there, but you'd have a much more personal experience when hacking servers, you could navigate menus on the server, and look at the files on it, etc...

I apologize in advance, but in the state of the game the beta is. It could totally be a Facebook game. It's only a series of timers. Timer for your attacks, timer on how long you can stay connected to the server after you hacked in. I mean, I really hope that the beta is just a sliver of the game, and if so, I would strongly advise the devs to highlight that fact. Because I'm pretty thrown off by what I have seen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:24 pm 

Hi,
I also have pre-ordered the game via Steam and I want to have access to the beta-forum.

Thanks
Heinold

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:26 pm 

I also pre-ordered on steam. Can you give me access to the forums?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quick answers:

1. For the private forum access, just use the contact form to request is:
http://www.exosyphen.com/page_contact.html

2. There are a LOT of game play elements not yet available in this alpha/beta. Don't expect the final game look anything like what you played so far in this one.

3. Console: It still hasn't been decided. Due to some new gameplay elements I introduced, some of them can't be replicated in the form of console commands. The path I am going down for the moment, is to have a console available for some parts of the game as an alternative or complementing feature.

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:20 am 

Thanks for replying Robert :)

I think my original dismay was due to how close the release date is, if what we've seen so far is 1/6th of the game then I have faith that the rest of the game will be much more "engaging" lol.

I'll be preordering this evening as I'll have to play this one way or another, I liked your other titles too much. If I still had a copy of Untold I'd probably still spend time with it today lol.

I hope you do decide to add in a console where it's possible, it just makes it feel better in my opinon :ugeek:

Thanks again for keeping us informed :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Send me an email. I can get you a copy of Untold.
Don't worry about the console. We have a HUGE surprise prepared for the fans of the previous game and the console :)

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:27 am 

robert wrote:
Send me an email. I can get you a copy of Untold.
We have a HUGE surprise prepared for the fans of the previous game and the console :)

Hi There,

I found the game today and i love it.
Nice to know that you gonna leave console to the true gammers ;)

I dont have purchased yet any license but im sure that im gonna purchase one.

I have two " pré-sales " questions:

1 - If i purchase a Duality license at steam how can i play duality if i format my disk? ( Monday or tuesday im gonna make a format c and its for that, that im not buy already a licence )

2 - If i purchase a duality license, if duality goes to the devellopper pack ( i think yes when the stable release is out ) i have a discount ? ( im very interested on devellopper pack :-) )

Thanks for the possible feedback and sorry for my bad english :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:19 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

1. We always assist users to recover their license. In the case of STEAM, when you reinstall the STEAM client, you can also reinstall all games.

2. A developer pack will come for Duality, but not sooner than 1 year or so. As per our standard policy, all existing customers will get a discount.

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 am 

I was in the process of replying to #1 when I was notified there was an update to the thread. *LOL* Ah well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:21 am 
Site Admin

ashen wrote:
I was in the process of replying to #1 when I was notified there was an update to the thread. *LOL* Ah well.

Customer support ... happens :)

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next