Post subject: so you're just going to remove the topics on feedback?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:13 am 

i had posted a reply on someones "whats wrong with this game" topic? Said alot of problems that I and others are finding with the game....then come back on a few hours later and the whole topic has been removed....so what you guys cant take a little bit of criticism? The problems I posted with the game should be looked into and fixed immediately...they include but are not limited to
a)mission timers suck...u spend most your time waiting on dos/emp to load watching your timer go down...
b) lame generic upgrades instead of cool ones that might speed up dos/emp attacks or slow down ai hacking attempts...
c)servers on missions just disappear after you spend half the mission time hacking into bounce servers and then finally into the server you need...then BAM its gone off your world map with no explanation (for example mission 2, finally dropped the bank down enough to hack it and then it just disappears off the world map and I wasted 15 minutes and have to start all over d)ai hackers that can attack you even if you never connect to them yet...and without having to go through all your bounce servers first to get to you.
e)Dumb slider mini tasks to use tools...and again if your trying to hack into your first bounce server you have to let them start tracing you just to do these sliders for dos/emp satellite alignments...theres not enough time to hack into the first bounce server before tracing starts...there goes perfect game everytime. Still not sure what hacking tool uses a slider to start.

think there was more but u erased them so i'll have to go back n remember later...please leave this one up for a place with a list to start fixing this "hacker" game. Though u got the music and graphics good...thats about it so far please think about a whole new game plan for the future.

Post subject: Re: so you're just going to remove the topics on feedback?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:32 am 

Wow, didn't think the board would get all gestappo on us and delete threads. yikes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:28 am 

Yeah I also posted a reply to a "I dont like the game" topic and found out it was deleted today.

I guess it was deleted cos ppl there talked about how duality doesnt even begin to measure up to the 10 years old Uplink and how disapointing it is that its not closer to that game. However when you release a new game in a specific genre (in that case "hacking simulation") you will inevitably be compared to the best games in that genre even if you are not trying to copy them.

Its not that the game is bad, its just that from the description, screenshots, etc some people expected it to be closer to stuff like uplink instead of being a puzzle game with a timer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:22 am 

wow
thats like.
wow

that feels great, paying customer gets his thread deleted because the developer thinks the thread is not cool cause I'm giving a negative critic.

awesome.

I'm quite speeches honestly and THAT from an indie developer.

Shame on YOU!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:42 am 

Both sides have a POV to respect here.

Certainly isn't the best response to a thread (to delete it) - perhaps a wiser approach would be to consider asking the OP to rename it to something more mutually agreeable.

The OP's POV is valuable just as anyone's is and should have the right to post it in a respectful manner which was largely achieved- but throwing it out there under a thread title that's non specific and unfairly damaging as far as advertising goes is disrespectful imo.

Anyway is there something about it in forum rules....don't really care lol just looking forward to being able to launch the game from Steam again...it's a solid strategy puzzle game and rate it about 8/10 for what it is provided fixes are readily applied for a UI working 100% and game launch-able from Steam - drop 1.5 off the score with out such fixes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:16 am 

"i don't like the game"

so tell me, whats offensive about that? The title reflects the content of the thread and my personal opinion, if "exosyphen studios" doesn't want personal opinions from there paying customers (if the opinions are negative) well, than that's just....really really sad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:01 am 

Didn't say anything about your posts dude - well other than everyone has the right to post their opinion.

Only point I have put across is that thread titles when they are critical in a broad non specific way are unfair for the developer, especially if you are posting on their forum lol. I mean I get it - people use thread titles like that to get attention. It's similar to raising your voice or even shouting in the way that there are more effective and respectful approaches to communicating a well balanced point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:10 pm 

my personal opinion is they need to add a game speed modifier. That way people who want to wait and take their time can do that and at the same time the ones who want to speed though the game can do that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:48 pm 

bradb2011 wrote:
i had posted a reply on someones "whats wrong with this game" topic? Said alot of problems that I and others are finding with the game....then come back on a few hours later and the whole topic has been removed....so what you guys cant take a little bit of criticism? The problems I posted with the game should be looked into and fixed immediately...they include but are not limited to
a)mission timers suck...u spend most your time waiting on dos/emp to load watching your timer go down...
b) lame generic upgrades instead of cool ones that might speed up dos/emp attacks or slow down ai hacking attempts...
c)servers on missions just disappear after you spend half the mission time hacking into bounce servers and then finally into the server you need...then BAM its gone off your world map with no explanation (for example mission 2, finally dropped the bank down enough to hack it and then it just disappears off the world map and I wasted 15 minutes and have to start all over d)ai hackers that can attack you even if you never connect to them yet...and without having to go through all your bounce servers first to get to you.
e)Dumb slider mini tasks to use tools...and again if your trying to hack into your first bounce server you have to let them start tracing you just to do these sliders for dos/emp satellite alignments...theres not enough time to hack into the first bounce server before tracing starts...there goes perfect game everytime. Still not sure what hacking tool uses a slider to start.

think there was more but u erased them so i'll have to go back n remember later...please leave this one up for a place with a list to start fixing this "hacker" game. Though u got the music and graphics good...thats about it so far please think about a whole new game plan for the future.

A) The mission timers are there so you have to use a good strategy and the correct tools to get through the mission. Would be no point if you could do what you wanted when you wanted however you wanted to finish the mission off and would turn a game into more of a chore.

B) Again the upgrades are there to add to the strategy of the game , why you think they are lame I have no idea as they aid in giving you more time to hack servers before getting traced, make it more difficult for the ai players to attack you etc.

C) Servers on missions only disappear when you attack too much with the emp and reduce the target servers integrity to 0 essentially destroying the target. Just because your playing the level incorrectly and using the wrong tools does not automatically make the game bad just because you cant do it.

D) Of course the AI can attack you no matter what , they are just doing what your doing , so why should they follow a different set of rules ? You hack banks and steal money , you think the banks are sitting there asking themselves why are you attacking them when they have not done anything to you ???

E) As long as your quick enough there is plenty of time to hack the 1st server before the trace starts , and if again you are having difficulty look in the options for the sticky mouse setting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:58 pm 

Theslayer28 wrote:
Yeah I also posted a reply to a "I dont like the game" topic and found out it was deleted today.

I guess it was deleted cos ppl there talked about how duality doesnt even begin to measure up to the 10 years old Uplink and how disapointing it is that its not closer to that game. However when you release a new game in a specific genre (in that case "hacking simulation") you will inevitably be compared to the best games in that genre even if you are not trying to copy them.

Its not that the game is bad, its just that from the description, screenshots, etc some people expected it to be closer to stuff like uplink instead of being a puzzle game with a timer.

Really speaking during the earlier levels ( not so sure about teh later ones ) I have yet to see the timer be something of importance as just playing through the levels normally there is more than enough time left on the clock.

Sure this game is different from uplink but only in how things are done , more point and click rather than typing. Its still a good hacking game though and if you really want more of the same ( I dont know if its still being offered ) then Robert was offering free copies of the previous hacker evolution games to those that had bought duality and from what I have played of them so far they are just as good as Uplink.