Post subject: Key Encryption: Is it me or its ?&%&ing hard !
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:25 am 

I dont know if Im missing a key concept but I really have a hard time with the decryption tool in the Metallion mission.
Dont get me wrong, Im not complaining it is too hard. The game is great. But damn I dont know if I have a genetic defect for number recognition or something, or if it is my poor eyesighy, I have been trying to hack the satelite and mainframe for hours !
I can go through the satelite with about 10 sec left til trace, but by the time Im halfway throurgh the mainframe decryption, the bounce start timing out, I start panicking, stuff starts beeping, and everything goes apesh&*.
Anyone else is having a hard time?

Post subject: Re: Key Encryption: Is it me or its ?&%&ing hard !
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 am 
Site Admin

The KeyCrack is indeed difficult.
In that level, use the money to upgrade your firewall as this will buy you a lot of time. Don't spend the money on anything else :)

You need at least 2 good minutes to beat it.

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:58 pm 

Amen to that, its bloddy hard. I cant hack the last server in time, before i have to disconnect to buy integrety due to the incomeing attacks from the hostile ai's I simply dont have the time to do it, since on my 15" screen its too difficult to spot the numbers fast enough to click through it, and then im even gameing on easy...

I simply cant get past level 4 :|

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:39 pm 

Same here. I recommended that the minimum trace level be increased to 30%, the initial integrity be increased to 25, and the mainframe's encryption key be replaced with a retina scanner.

I made the mistake of trying this on Hard on the first run through, and let me tell you, that's ridiculous on Hard.

An encryption key is supposed to take between 100 and 120 seconds to break. It's usually fairly consistent, but it may take longer on harder difficulties because the numbers won't highlight as quickly.

It's just a madhouse looking through an 8x8 grid for one specific number 20 times before the amount of numbers remaining becomes relatively manageable. I was thinking of recommending some eye-aids to prevent players from straining their vision on these key cracks. Try cracking encryption keys for two hours straight and there's a noticeable deficiency in vision. Perhaps the backgrounds to the cubes could be colored or shaded in a sequence that matches the number order. At least it would help for the first 20 to 30 numbers and reduce eye strain.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:59 pm 

wlayton27 wrote:
Same here. I recommended that the minimum trace level be increased to 30%, the initial integrity be increased to 25, and the mainframe's encryption key be replaced with a retina scanner.

I made the mistake of trying this on Hard on the first run through, and let me tell you, that's ridiculous on Hard.

An encryption key is supposed to take between 100 and 120 seconds to break. It's usually fairly consistent, but it may take longer on harder difficulties because the numbers won't highlight as quickly.

It's just a madhouse looking through an 8x8 grid for one specific number 20 times before the amount of numbers remaining becomes relatively manageable. I was thinking of recommending some eye-aids to prevent players from straining their vision on these key cracks. Try cracking encryption keys for two hours straight and there's a noticeable deficiency in vision. Perhaps the backgrounds to the cubes could be colored or shaded in a sequence that matches the number order. At least it would help for the first 20 to 30 numbers and reduce eye strain.

Dude i cant even get past it on easy ><...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:18 pm 

Attachment:
level-3-metallion_nerf.zip [2.55 KiB]
Downloaded 1918 times

^^ That's the nerf that I recommended for Level 3 Metallion. If you would like to apply it to your game's installation, extract and merge it directly into your Hacker Evolution Duality game folder.

The level should still be difficult, but much more possible to complete. I've never completed the level without using these settings, so there no need to feel bad that you couldn't finish the level on the game's default settings.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:51 pm 

Just realised that there is only 6 levels O.o Compared to the older games i just got dissapointed...

I know of the open worlds of course... But still..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:32 pm 

Skera wrote:
Just realised that there is only 6 levels O.o Compared to the older games i just got dissapointed...

I know of the open worlds of course... But still..

Yes it's a fair deal shorter, but I expect to see plenty of mods and custom map packs released for this one. There's even a contest for players to create their own levels and submit them already.

In addition to the Open World mode, HED has the original Hacker Evolution series slated to be added in as mods (Time Dimensions and Untold will eventually be transformed and included in the Duality single-player mode).

You can also keep your fingers crossed for some online multiplayer action in Duality, and for now there is the Hacker Challenges pack in the private forum that stays true to the original series' layout with the CLI console usage. It's still in beta but it's available for download now and it includes an original 10 level map pack (Blue Sky).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

We added 7 Open World levels.
I decided to split the game "in two." Offer a single player mode and an open mode against AI hackers, with various objectives. 6+7 = 13 > levels in the previous games.

Indeed, the whole HE series is coming to Duality, as a free update.
I thought that remastering those levels and adding them in, will bring a pleasant experience for everyone.

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:22 pm 

Does anyone know how to get to or where these private forums are at? I would like to try out some of the mods others have or are currently developing, :). This should keep me occupied until more information on multiplayer comes out, :D.

Also, I sent and e-mail as requested to receive a serial key to register for online boards, but I have not heard a response since last night. Would come in under Nick or Nicholas (AOL). Thanks.

Last edited by Zipster on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.