Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: so you're just going to remove the topics on feedback?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:33 am 

dunno, I see loads of ppl complaining on steam forums and other venues. Maybe the clicky UI wasn't such a good idea?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:30 am 

There is key short cuts..... like press D for DOS and E for EMP. And so on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:30 am 

There is key short cuts..... like press D for DOS and E for EMP. And so on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:54 am 

Maybe rob, it would make you feel better now lying to your customers on your own homepage?

That sounds liek a good way to be nice.

You could start by removing

"Hacker Evolution Duality is the hacking simulation game"

and replacing it with

"Hacker Evolution Duality is a hacking puzzle game"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:27 pm 

@CertusAT I believe it a way it is still a hacker simulation game due to the fact that you are using various attacks. However, for the puzzle portion of it, if you remember even in the previous releases of this game, Hacker Evolution, they all had a thinking portion to it. Hackers don't just get on their computer and start hacking a way, they thoroughly analyze the situation and then make a planned attack quickly and efficiently and get the hell out of dodge before anyone notices them, hence this game, :D.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:30 pm 

"various attacks"

and by "various attacks" you mean stuff that is so fare away from reality that you could name the DoS attack "cyber spike tackle" and it wouldn't make the slightest difference?

or a freaking satellite that shoots an EMP attack, but instead of destroying all the hardware it just removes firewall "it removes firewall...how the f do 10 firewall even work?) and "integrity" you could name firewall "shield" and integrity "hit points"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:16 pm 

I still have yet to see a hacker use an emp sattelite blast.... how does that work anyways?

And to the guy who said, oh but you DO use console commands such as D for ddos and E for emp... I really, REALLY hope you were being sarcastic, if not wow you are a tool.

I meant using a console to type in commands that at least, even though unrealistic and far away from what REAL hacking is, at least emulates the feeling to the point of being acceptable, not just spamming a wow like skill with a cooldown, come on....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:41 pm 

alexpoysky wrote:
I still have yet to see a hacker use an emp sattelite blast.... how does that work anyways?

And to the guy who said, oh but you DO use console commands such as D for ddos and E for emp... I really, REALLY hope you were being sarcastic, if not wow you are a tool.

I meant using a console to type in commands that at least, even though unrealistic and far away from what REAL hacking is, at least emulates the feeling to the point of being acceptable, not just spamming a wow like skill with a cooldown, come on....

:D I missed that one. Reminds me of Ironman and the super awesome computers in that game. "Type [CONTROL]-{FUNCTION-11} ... "E" ... [ENTER]"!

Console for Duality is in the plans, but I'm not sure how soon it will be available. There are many more issues being resolved at the moment and the new features will be arriving based on demand.

I don't see how the console will actually affect gameplay in Duality, as this game is really laid out in an altogether new format. More puzzle, less "apropos." I noticed that the cheat codes that were available in the beta aren't available in the full version; perhaps the console will be used mainly for entering in the cheat codes when they come out. Everything else can be done more efficiently in the standard UI with the shortcut keys.

--Actually there is currently one console command that actually does something that the UI can't do. "sysinfo" will display the current loading times for DOS/EMP attacks. If you have ideas for more commands like this, please post them (preferably in a new topic so the forum can stay clean).

Back on topic, I agree that the Exosyphen pages should refer to Hacker Evolution as a "hacker-themed puzzle game" rather than a "hacking simulation." AFAIK there is no hacking simulation out there anywhere and I don't expect anybody to make one soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:25 pm 

streethacker, uplink.

Two hacking games that actually FEEL like hacking, this is a puzzler.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:28 pm 

alexpoysky wrote:
streethacker, uplink.

Two hacking games that actually FEEL like hacking, this is a puzzler.

Never heard of "streethacker" ... I was talking about an actual "simulation" which doesn't focus on puzzles or entertainment value but instead focuses on training users how to employ real-world exploits on actual servers/hosts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next