Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Key Encryption: Is it me or its ?&%&ing hard !
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

@Zipster: A bit slower on the replies as I am at the Gamescom, but getting there.
Just send in the same request again, and mention your username and wanting access to the private forums.

I am online for the next hour as I want to attend every email I got.
Your first one will be attended to, and 99% the second also.

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:26 pm 

robert wrote:
@Zipster: A bit slower on the replies as I am at the Gamescom, but getting there.
Just send in the same request again, and mention your username and wanting access to the private forums.

I am online for the next hour as I want to attend every email I got.
Your first one will be attended to, and 99% the second also.

Where do I send the request to ? the support@exosyphenstudios.com? for the private forum request? Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Yes :)

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:33 pm 

The e-mail should be there shortly, :). Also a quick question in terms of the topic of this forum, xD. I am currently stuck on the mission 4 with the key encryption. Is it true what wlayton27 said as he has never beat it on the current configuration of the released game files? lol. Thank you so much for taking time out for all your hacking fans, :).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:42 pm 

Zipster wrote:
Is it true what wlayton27 said as he has never beat it on the current configuration of the released game files? lol.

I could go back and try it some more on Easy, it may just be possible. I know Robert has said that he has completed it, and he said his strategy was saving money for firewall in order to keep his trace down. Without money for CPU or integrity, the AI controlled servers will have a 6-7 minute heyday tearing your [localhost] apart, so it's guaranteed to be a close call. My beef was the difficulty setting for level four is greater than that for levels five and six.

The nerf I recommended makes it barely possible on the Hard skill setting. By "barely possible", I mean "expect to end up with a 29% trace and 1-2 integrity left at the end." IMHO it would still be easier than the levels that follow. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:31 am 

I am currently playing it on easy and I have done just about everything that Robert has done, not using CPU upgrade and focus only on firewall. I can get to the main server after the satellite, but links start to expire by then, making my trace very vulnerable. Not to mention if I would succeed in getting into the server, I still have to fulfill destroying all the AIs and the satellite too, lo. I really would like to know how this is all possible, xD.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:28 am 
Site Admin

When I get back from the Gamescom, I will shot some movies with the levels.
That should answer all questions.

exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:54 am 

Aww.. thank you much Robert. It is greatly appreciated. I did try wlayton27's idea of the nerfed file having the retina scan on the main server and having my data integrity of my rig at 25 instead of 20. Definitely much easier. But, I would love to see a video of you destroying the AI on Metallion, because I know I have tried just about every combination with the default settings, and can't come close to winning the level, LoL.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:53 pm 

Zipster wrote:
Aww.. thank you much Robert. It is greatly appreciated. I did try wlayton27's idea of the nerfed file having the retina scan on the main server and having my data integrity of my rig at 25 instead of 20. Definitely much easier. But, I would love to see a video of you destroying the AI on Metallion, because I know I have tried just about every combination with the default settings, and can't come close to winning the level, LoL.

I'm interested in knowing if that nerf made it TOO easy or if it took more than one try to get through the level. I know I can complete the level with it, but I can't say it would be perfectly balanced for players that haven't seen the level before.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:26 pm 

wlayton27 wrote:
I'm interested in knowing if that nerf made it TOO easy or if it took more than one try to get through the level. I know I can complete the level with it, but I can't say it would be perfectly balanced for players that haven't seen the level before.

LoL, I think the integrity of the localhost can still stay at 20 instead of being bumped to 25. A suggestion I would think, if possible is to have the main server have firewall, retina, and voice print authentication. Haven't tried editing it that way myself, but just wondering if you can place multiple encryption on the same server??? And to answer your question, yes the nerf was too easy, beat it the first time, ;).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next