Post subject: Re: Free Games.. interested? Just respond if you want any.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:35 pm 

Is SF Driver any good? I played the originals (1 & 2) when they were on psx and liked that they were different but similar to GTA, but Driver 3 was so bad I couldn't bare it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:17 pm 

I really don't know if it's any good, I saw preview vids of it, but those are all made by the publisher of the game, just need to wait 'till the 29th when it gets released :)

I remember I brought my first driver game for the PS2 back to the store, because I didn't like it, but this was more about the graphics which were real dissapointing compared to games like ridge racer and gran turismo. Come to think of it, it may have been another game in the first place, because I can't imagine that that game would get a follow up..... just remember the cover of the disc which showed some buggy or something like that..... well it's years ago, so just not sure anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:43 pm 

Well Driver 3 was on PS2 and was awful, so could have been that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driv3r
The 2 I played were earlier on PSX.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:46 pm 

I would have been happy with that, but it's not the game I thought it was, remembered the title though, and here it is on wiki..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smuggler%27s_Run

That's really the only game I ever returned and I did buy alot of games in my life.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:57 pm 

Lol, I loved Smuggler's Run and Smuggler's Run 2.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:32 pm 

Nah, really didn't like them, to me it was like playing a game from 83 on a modern machine, not sure about all this anymore, maybe I didn't like the idea behind the game and expected a racing game and it was something else, I do know that I only played for like 5 mins. max and then went back to the store and got Gran Turismo 3 I think.

As for the games, so far there are not yet alot of responses, so it looks good for the people who responded, you can add me to steam if you want, username is: radioman71 and if nobody else asks for a game here within the next 24 hours, I think that you guys won after all.... will pm you for the email address then, because they are on gamersgate and need to be gifted by email, but that will become more clear after you receive this email, not sure if I can send it to gamersgate usernames, because I never did that before.
OK, think I haven't got much interesting things to say, just thought I should let you guys know that I am (still) serious about this giveaway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:17 pm 

Such a nice offer Radioman to give away games like this :D

Feel a bit cheeky asking this but here goes anyway....

I do have dead island myself already but a really really good friend of mine ( from Canada ) who has helped me through a few things in my life has been after it and has yet to pick it up. If you still have it ( I know 1 or 2 others here have had their eye on it ) and as long as you would not mind me re-gifting it to my mate then I would be happy to take it off your hands and pass it on to him.

I know you probably would not like to do that though as there is no way I guess to ensure its being gifted to someone else and not sold which I totally understand but I thought I would ask just in case.

This is of course if no one else wants it .. I see a few people have asked but if it doesnt get taken I would ask that you just consider my request and nothing more :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:48 am 

^

That guy gets dibs. Better reason for asking than mine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:01 am 

This is not really why I did this, especially if you read my first posting in this thread.
I do understand that you don't sell it to him and I need to trust you on your word for that, but I am also looking for more players in my steam list who have this game, so I could do some co-op myself, currently one 1 person has this game and 1 other has it on ps3, but this is almost impossible to invite him into a co-op game.
Ofcourse you shouldn't feel any pressure in playing co-op with me, because if you don't feel like it or want to go alone etc. etc. I have been waiting for months now to do some co-op game in portal 2, which ofcourse never happened because my friends (who own this game) never had time to do this, and I am not pushing them in any way.

Now I am curious what you mean with dibs????

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:00 am 

I want portal 2. The first game was so good. Hopefully it will be in the Christmas sale.