Post subject: Just found my Hacker Collection CD
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:36 pm 

I know, old as Dirt (in Internet Time anyway.) Just kinda went through a shoebox of different CD cases, binders, and amid the different burned discs, linux cds, my old copy of windows 98, and Tribes 2 I found it.

Not sure what to do with Acceptable Casualties (might wanna learn C so maybe the source could be tinkered with?) Defiantly dropping Digital Hazard's levels in Replay just for the sake of consolidation. Thing I dislike most is all the music being in .wav.

Hm. Maybe I can use this to get the bare bones for what I have planned later hashed out (just seems each game takes the same general method a levels' assets are built and either adds or only does a slight rearrange.)

...or maybe I could try porting Digital Hazard and or Replay's levels up to Evolution (or duality whenever enough features get added in?)

Maybe later. I've a feeling this game's gonna bounce me around till I remember how things are properly done.

Post subject: Re: Just found my Hacker Collection CD
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

Will ... if you feel like modding the old stuff, I have a kind of "job opening". It involves porting the old levels (Blue Sky, Digital Hazard and BS Hacker, to the new Hacker Evolution engine).
Drop me a line if you are interested ;)

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:18 pm 

If the position's still open, maybe I'd be able to help? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:16 pm 

I think this is allready been taken care off, you can download these levels somewhere on this forum.

@Will, your Hacker Collection CD, do you mean these old games or a cd with old hacker tools? And why you dislike the music being in wav?
I got this thing myself, that I will never pay for music online in mp3 or any other destructive format, instead I only buy it if they offer it in any of the lossless formats.
But maybe I wouldn't like this either, since the music in all the Hacker Evolution games are not really my favorite type of music, so I just move the volume slider all the way to the left..... would have had a problem with alot of space being taken by in game music that I would never listen to.

Just to set things straight here, music is personal, I can't force others to like my music, nor can I be forced to like other people's music, so I am not trying to make others hate me when they do like this music. Off the record, I do like all the music in GTA Vice City and some in GTA IV, to give you guys an idea :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:49 am 

The CD of the old games (BlueSky, Digital Hazard, Hacker Replay.) As for why I don't like .wav. Sure it's lossless, but the filesize is huge.

Still a good idea for archiving.

As for the music content? It's hit and miss and dependant on the day I'm having.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:29 am 
Site Admin

EricEvan wrote:
If the position's still open, maybe I'd be able to help? ;)

Send me an email with a brief resume. We are EXPANDING! :)

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 am 

LOL, I would almost send you my resume, but I think I won't be good enough for the task, would do this on a voluntary base anyhow, since I am officially not allowed to work. If you are looking for mods for the upcoming multiplayer server, let me know, think I will be able to help you there, even if I am not gonna be able to monitor this 24/7, I do have some experience doing that, as for programming I have experience there, but none in game developing, even if I am playing with this game maker program.
Speaking of developing, have you ever looked at RAD studio, I know it's not that perfect for game development maybe, but as of now it has native support for windows / osx / ios and android os, with linux support coming up, this would make it easy to port your games to different platforms, you can get more info here..... http://www.embarcadero.com