Post subject: Games Based off Exosyphen Games?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 pm 

Found a youtube that had RVL Hacker, which looks on the surface to be a reskin of Hacker Evolution with a new soundtrack and a diff mission set. Fine great, they credit Exosyphen as being the source of the engine. However that got me wondering.

What else is out there (commercial or otherwise) that is based off exosyphen code?

Yes I've had ideas along the lines of seeing what direction I could carry the old engine. No I don't have any plans on starting /that/ just yet (too much other stuff to do first.)

Post subject: Re: Games Based off Exosyphen Games?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:21 pm 

I bought RVL Hacker, it's a nice addition to HE:UT, and like you noticed it is basically the same program as exosyphen's game.
But this is done legally, when you buy this black edition, you agree that you don't sell the games without permission from Robert first and also not distribute it freely, since it contains the code from the original game and therefore you will be able to run the main game as a mod.
I do believe that when you got some nice idea for a game Robert has no problem in you selling it, as long as it offers similar quality as you expect from the HE series.
All this is the case with RVL Hacker and the creator of this program is a member of this forum too.

Didn't find any other HE-based programs yet though, but if people agreed on the terms given in the developer edition, Robert would know which are available on the market.

I myself did create some game before, but I am hard to be pleased by myself, and don't believe I have it anymore, but can't imagine there are no other programs out there, so hope that somebody could give some more info on this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:58 am 

Oh I don't disagree with the fact its all done aboveboard. It's just if I were to get my mitts on source i'd try making changes, both to break compatability with robert's stuff, and to introduce features I want that doesn't exist (but mostly so my game can't be used to play somebody else's material.)

Do have to say RVL's soundtrack is nice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:37 am 
Site Admin

That's the only game that was done with our engine.
There are some projects and stuff going on, with the new HED engine however.

Software developer and Forum admin
exosyphen studios.

Join us on FaceBook!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:50 pm 

OK, I think I may respond quite late here, but I totally overlooked this message from you Robert.

Are you saying here that there are allready people who licensed the engine from you or is exosyphen planning to put more products based on the HE:D engine on the market?

And Will, you are totally right there, RVL hacker looks a bit like a mod along with a customized skin, but I do think there are some more changes in the game, just can't tell for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:55 am 

RadioMan wrote:
And Will, you are totally right there, RVL hacker looks a bit like a mod along with a customized skin, but I do think there are some more changes in the game, just can't tell for sure.

Hi RadioMan,

Thanks for the good words regarding RVL Hacker. Actually we changed everything. We added a new story, new content and of course graphics and music, but the gameplay is the same. :)

Raul G.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:02 pm 

Hi Raul,

Just wondering here, did the version which is being sold at gamersgate.com get updated too? Because that's where I got both the original Hacker evolution games and your game from.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 pm 

Hi RadioMan,

We did not send any updates to gamersgate.com because we did not made any. Unfortunately we stop the developing of additional missions for that game.

Raul G.